Novation Launchpad Tear Down
For those of you that are curious like myself, here are some images of me disassembling the Novation Launchpad. I hope this inspires some of you to do some cool modifications to the controller, and make sure to send us some images of your modified launchpad. Click on the pictures to zoom in.
1. The launchpad
2. The launchpad flipped over. There are only 9 screws, taking this thing apart is a piece of cake.
3. The launchpad without the face plate.
4. The Launchpad viewed from the top without button pads.
5. The launchpad opened and viewed from the back.
6. Here is a close up of the mcu’s and the programing header on the board. The bigger chip is a STMicroelectronics 72f63bk2m1, here is a link to it’s data sheet. The smaller of the two chips is the NXP 74hc164d, and here is a link to it’s data sheet.